Time is flying. I can't believe that as of tomorrow, we will have been home for two months. Cole's transition has been nothing like what we expected. The hard stuff we expected hasn't come to pass - knocking on wood as I type...(lack of understanding, attachment issues, food issues), but it has been hard in different ways. He's busy, into everything and won't take no, niet, no sir, nope... any of those... for an answer.
What has been so funny is his language acquisition. Who would have thought that "No, Dude" would be one of his first sentences? Or that when asking for "musica" his requests would be for rap songs - "Walk it out" or "Soldja Boy" (I probably didn't spell that correctly!) It has been quite arbitrary what he chooses to say, though he is talking ALL DAY LONG. We can have full conversations and he understands what we say. He regularly uses 2-4 word sentences and from what I can tell from my research, that is really good. His pronunciation needs some work, but he will get there.
Here are some of the things we hear alot:
- Where's the football?
- Oh, man!
- Where's the balloon? - he's obsessed with balloons.
- Maci, be quiet - that is our dog.
- Swimming? Jumping? - his favorite things to do
- Buzz and Woody video? - only thing he will watch!
- Papa working?
- Minutika - usually said while shaking his finger at you - means he will get to whatever you asked him to do in a minute!
- Close the door - all doors must be closed at all times!
- Mama, come here - still a top ten.
- What happened ____? he leaves out the word "to" but then finishes the sentence.
- Mama, find it?
- and, his favorite - speet all done? Which means, I don't want to take a nap!
I don't think his looks have changed much since he got home, but here are some recent pictures. He has gained 2 lbs and grown about 1/2 inch.
He is in his puppy costume waiting for the bus with Maddie (Maddie's not thrilled with this, as it cramps her style!)
And, in his Romo jersey ready to yell Touchdown at any cheering on the TV!