Sunday, January 07, 2007

An old Chinese proverb...

My parents were at a Chinese restaurant, and on impulse, my stepmom picked up an extra fortune cookie....for Baby T. At the end of the meal, they opened the cookie and here is what was inside:

Stop Searching. Happiness will come to you.

A lump came to my throat as my stepmom told me the story. What a great thought for our adoption and this crazy process. That little piece of paper will go in the lifebook.....and I think I'll buy a lottery ticket with the numbers on the back, just in case!

5 Comments:

At January 13, 2007 2:10 AM, Blogger kate said...

Hi, Robin. I've got your SBP match-up for you, but no e-mail. I only have your blog listed. If you'll e-mail me, I'll send it on to you. onlyk8@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Kate

 
At January 13, 2007 3:11 AM, Blogger kate said...

And now the REAL comment: What an amazing fortune cookie! I hope you saved it for T's lifebook.

 
At January 14, 2007 3:16 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

What a great fortune! I think it sounds like a wonderful addition to the lifebook.

 
At January 22, 2007 10:39 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said...

What an awesome fortune, hope and pray your dreams come true soon. I keep all my specila fortunes too and that one is definately a keeper for you:)P.S.I'm in Tx too but few hours away:)

 
At November 11, 2008 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home