Thursday, November 09, 2006

268 Signed...another hurdle crossed!

It has been officially posted on the Russian governmental website that Rule 268 is signed.
So, that means we can travel, right??? Not exactly. Although it was a big and necessary hurdle, it doesn't really give us any more information than we had before the signing.

Rule 268 gives the green light for the Russian Ministry to start reaccrediting agencies. Our agency is hopeful to have the paperwork criteria "quickly" so that they can submit their paperwork. Some agencies are claiming to have already submitted paperwork. Now it is just a wait and see on when the first agency gets its license, and how quickly the MoE moves through the applications. My estimate is that there are about 30 agencies that will be vying for a spot in line. Selfishly, we hope that Buckner is at the top of the list...but as I step outside of myself I pray that the process goes quickly and smoothly for all the agencies, so that those of us on the Rollercoaster Ride can get our babies home.

2 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I'm the same as you Robin. In my selfish mind's eye I picture our Russian Coordinator elbowing her way to the front of that line with our agency's paperwork held aloft! But I just honestly hope all the agencies are quickly accredited so all the kids can come home.

 
At November 13, 2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Suz - hopefully we will both soon be on a jet plane....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home