Monday, November 06, 2006

I owe my kids an apology

I posted about their lack of enthusiasm yesterday. If I had only waited a couple of hours to post, it would have turned out much differently. The idea/reality of a baby brother was the topic Sunday morning. At breakfast, K, the 12 year old said the blessing. He said "Thank You for this food and for Baby T. God please keep him safe, let everything be ok and let him be the one that becomes our brother. Please let us travel quickly to bring him home. Amen"

Can you beat that? Then, the two kids played together (a small feat in itself) pretending that baby T was with us and what they would be doing with him.

Sean was right (yes, I repeat, my husband was right)....they just needed time for the reality to hit. What great kids I have!

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Suz said...

That is so sweet, the sweetest prayers prayed for V are from D at the table!

Last night she asked, "Mommy, why is it taking them so long to get V ready to come home?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home