Monday, October 16, 2006

Miracle in the form of a phone call

I was expecting a call last Wednesday from our agency about paperwork. I didn't just get "a call" I got THE call. Our caseworker said the last words that I expected to hear - We have a referral for you! My jaw just dropped. With the recent news that we would be able to travel as independents, we thought we might receive a referral by Christmas. But to our suprise, we have a referral for a tiny little tyke. He is 24 months old, weighing in at only 23 pounds! He's a bit older than what we expected, but that is ok. We sent the medical information and pictures to two of the best International Adoption doctors in the U.S. - Drs. Julie Bledsoe and Dana Johnson. Both thought that everything looked good. We have told our agency that we would like to travel as soon as possible to meet him.

We now just pray that we will be able to travel quickly on trip one so that we can officially petition to adopt him!

1 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Just reading this on Nov. 8 - this is the first day we were in region on our visit trip to see V!

I'm so excited for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home